Wednesday, October 13, 2004

The Little Aussie Battler

I'm getting excited about seeing one of my favourite live acts on Saturday night...

Darren Hanlon is playing at the Rosemount, and this time he's brought a full band including the sexiest drummer in the universe; Bree Van Reyk (I'm in love with this woman).

Darren's website (includes a handful of tracks).

One of the wittiest song writers I've ever heard, here is a brief sample of his simple genius:

Hiccups

Some day without trying you’ll find something that’s rare
Like an eight letter word with a triple word square
And I knew a girl who thrived on second hand news
She wore clips in her hair and she judged boys by their shoes

Call it coincidence but whenever we’re together
You’re on top of the world while I’m under the weather

A thousand ideas I try to tell crossword girl
How do I get one across when you’re always too down
And if things get hard will you throw in the pen
But if you are unsure you can pencil it in


Roll on Saturday night...

2 Comments:

At 1:45 am, Blogger Phillip said...

what abou janet weiss (sleater-kinney)? i think she's tops.

 
At 5:11 am, Blogger cotard said...

She's okay... but she's no Bree Van Reyk.

I'll do my best to track down a photo of her, you'll see what I mean...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home