Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Pauly gets personal...

Okay... so I've been blogging for a month or so now. On the whole it's been fun... an outlet for random shit that comes to mind; political, humourous, etc etc.

But I think that I've been holding some shit back... not intentionally, because really... who's reading this crap?

So whether it's a consequence of the beer and champagne that I consumed at Ascot today (a great day by the way), or the autobiographical musings of Freya Hanly that I'm listening to at the moment... but I feel like spilling my guts (not literally) for all those who give a toss.

Here goes....

I'm head over heels for a girl at uni...

I'm 95% sure that she knows how I feel...

We hooked up for a while this time last year and it was fuckin' intense...

The whole time she's been with another guy...

She was going to leave him for me in December last year... but some really weird shit happened (suicides and family disasters and stuff)...

She's now living with him...

My friends think I'm an absolute idiot for still giving a toss about her...

I know she still has strong feelings for me...

I've had two failed relationships in the past year because I can't stop thinking about her...

We've been acting like we're just friends for the past few months...

She never mentions her boyfriend in front of me... ever!

We've gone out a couple of times in the last month or so 'as friends'...

She's mentioned a few times that we won't have any classes together next year... and then acted upset...

What shall I do?

I'm thinking of laying it all on the line this week... what've I got to lose?

6 Comments:

At 11:14 am, Blogger Stewart Woods said...

Life is short...

4 years ago I fell in love with a girl at Uni who was in an existing relationship. One day I just upped and told her I was in love with her. Just like that...

We're having our first child in April...

See, if you don't ask, you'll never know

Good luck (Doesn't sound like you'll need it though)

 
At 5:44 pm, Blogger Melika said...

Sounds strange. You should definately talk to her about it. Find out what the deal is with her boyfriend. Tell her how you feel, yadda yadda.

Good luck!

 
At 11:15 pm, Blogger lanners said...

i feel kind of strange leaving a comment on a stranger's page but i totally feel for you.

my advice to you is to confess and get it out there. i know from experience that the years of wondering "what if..." will cause more pain and heartache than if you approach her with your heart on your sleeve and just come clean.

clearly if she doesn't ditch the other guy she's not worth it. you seem like (sheesh, who am i to judge you after reading a couple of blogs!) a great guy and any girl who won't recognize that is dumb.

and seeing as you posted this eons ago the problem may already have been erradicated and i could be wanking on about nothing!

*cheers*

 
At 4:11 pm, Blogger Blondie said...

Ok so I've had a squiz of your blog, no mention/sign of what happened... c'mon, give up your pride for the sake of curiousity!? :) My thought: she should dump the guy she's obviously into you - if she doesn't then she's not doing him any favours and you're better off without her. ;)

 
At 8:18 pm, Blogger cotard said...

The situation hasn't changed.

I didn't 'lay it all on the line', I must have sobered up.

I haven't seen or spoken to her for over a month as I've been o'seas and working some stupid hours. But as coincidence would have it, I'm going to a house-warming party tomorrow night that she's likely to be at... who knows what will happen...

I'll keep you posted... even if the pride takes a battering.

 
At 11:46 am, Blogger miss wendy said...

Hey you silly billy, I took one look at that lovely profile and thought so.. I'm over ten yrs older, so I've only had relationships with women since I was in my 20's.. You're cute!- well that's a dumb term. You look beautiful physicaly, can obvioulsly string two words together and have a heart!- Why on earth would she pass that up- unless this is part of the Cotard's!- Prove I exist... hurt me!- Women stay in realtionships for all sorts of reasons- passivity being one big reason!- Woo her don't just tell her-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home