Saturday, November 27, 2004

Top 5 Tennis - It's habit-forming

You're right, sarcasm can be hard to convey in written form, but you did an excellent job none-the-less.

I'm not even going to attempt to review your top 5...

Top 5 Reasons that you and I are mates

1) Honesty / Respect - We are capable of being totally honest with each other (brutally so at times), and more importantly, respecting the other persons honesty and listening to it (whether we like what we hear or not).

2) Mutual Admiration - Although we are alike in many ways, I think that we admire in each other the qualities that make us different (does that make sense? I'm sure you know what I mean).

3) Arguments - We're not afraid of having a 'ball-tearing' argument. I love arguing. Too many people get overly precious about arguments. I reckon they're bloody healthy, so long as no 'grudges' are held.

4) We've never shagged - Unlike you, I seem to have a problem maintaining friendships with girls that I've slept with... so you know what to do if you get sick of me.

5) Laziness (go with me on this one) - Finding someone that you consider to be a 'friend for life' isn't easy, most people don't ever find them. A lot of time, effort and emotion gets put into forming and maintaining a friendship like ours. There's the whole shared history thing and stuff. I'll be fucked if I can be bothered going through all of that again. I'll just stay friends with you if that's okay...

Footnote: How does that saying go? A friend is someone who'll bail you out of jail if you get arrested, while a 'friend for life' will be standing next to you as you're both getting finger-printed...


Sticking with the friendship theme:

Top 5 Famous people (living) that you'd like to have as friends (and why)

1) Jack Black - "That was Jack on the phone, he says he's got some 'Columbian' and he wants to know if we want to help him out with it before we hit the clubs."

2) Hugh Hefner - "I'm just popping over to Hef's place for a swim... don't wait up for me."

3) Billy Connolly - "Billy wants to go down to the local for a couple of pints and a bit of a laugh... are we up for it?"

4) Nick Cave - "I'm off to Nick's, he's just written a song that he wants to run by me... I'll be home later."

5) George W Bush - "I think I'll go around and see Dubya, I'm not happy with the way things are panning out in Iraq. I need to talk some sense into him and you know how he always listens to me."

Footnote: I know there are no chicks... but I've got enough female friends.


Have you booked your flight home yet friend?

xxx

2 Comments:

At 10:42 am, Blogger sikamikanico said...

I must confess to losing most respect for Billy after his comments about Ken Bigley.
Everyone's entitiled to their opinions, but...

 
At 11:31 am, Blogger cotard said...

I know what you mean, but I reckon every comedian is entitled to one bad (well, terrible really) joke over the course of their careers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home