Thursday, December 09, 2004

40 Things Every Drunkard Should Do Before He Dies

Following the recommendation of Mick Thomas who I saw at the Carine last night, I checked out the fabulous Modern Drunkard Magazine.

Check out the list of "40 Things Every Drunkard Should Do Before He Dies"

I'm interested to know:
  • How many have you already done?
  • How many more do you think you can manage?
  • Do you know anyone who has done 10+?

I've accomplished 9 so far... so many to go:

1) A midweek effort at The Lakers with Thomo.

3) A couple of times... both times it was gin and around Xmas time.

8) My "drinking / gambling tour of the south-west", the highlight of which was the Albany Cup.

12) The Lakers again... I was seeing one of the barmaids.

14) Tipuana Place with P.A. The house became known as the "Tipuana Bar".

16) Too many times to remember...

24) I was 17 and it was Hungry Jacks (twice). The manager was an alcoholic so he could never smell it on us.

32) "Swan Lager, Swan Lager, you stole my old man..."

33) Perth Cup at Ascot a few years ago, two bottles of vodka and a bottle of wine all down my shorts.

EDIT: My ever-so-kind mates have reminded me of a few more.

2) Bali Trip 2000: Thursday night thru to Sunday night including approx 5 hours sleep total, drinking 'til 7am and starting up again at about 10:30am.

4) On the stage at the Red Sea doing some sort of Travolta thing and upsetting the bouncer by repeatedly using the mirror-ball as a punching bag.

15) Perth Cup 2002 after nearly breaking my ankle and passing out... thanks to Rob and Thommo for the assistance... fun times.

That's an even dozen... so far.


2 Comments:

At 6:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Considering that I've been drinking 18 years? I've got a long way to go. Accomplishments: 4, 8, 10, 11, 15, 16, 19, 20, 21, 24, 27, and 31. Yippee! I think my liver just rolled over and died.

Alex
http://hurlnecklace.mu.nu

 
At 10:50 am, Blogger Melina said...

Well I think it's time to hit the Betty Ford Clinic! I came up with 14 hits...such as get in a bar fight (not bad for a "lady"), hit a dozen bars in one night (New Orleans),and was carried home...those are just the highlights (and the ones I can remember). I absolutely love your blog, one of the few that have amused me lately!
Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home