Thursday, February 24, 2005

For Melina...

A quick update of the last week or so:


  • Friday night BBQ at Fi and Glen's. Very civilised, great to catch up with everyone. Highlight of the night had to be trying to get the 'fighting fish' to fight, and when that failed, trying to get the two chihuahuas to fight... there was no fighting.
  • Saturday cricket followed by vodka and red wine with Kim and Sherro at Sherro's. Lots of music (both good and bad), lots of dancing (predominantly bad), lots of laughing (mainly from a very drunk Kim). Great to catch up with Sherro again, and one of the last times I'll get to see Kim for a while... she moves to Melbourne this weekend.
  • Sunday morning radio show (hungover), and work Sunday night thru to Monday night.
  • Spent most of Tuesday sleeping (literally, I think I did 13 hours straight).
  • Wednesday work in the morning followed by O-Day drinks at Curtin. Downsyde were good, but it all finished waaaay too early (about 5pm). I got a call from a friend who was at Bendigo Uni watching The 'gurge at about 10pm their time. The Curtin guild needs to seriously improve the standard of its social events!
  • Tonight I'm having dinner in Trigg with Kim and assorted others.

Listening to: REM - Green

4 Comments:

At 2:56 am, Blogger Melina said...

Thanks for the "fix" you're the best! And it's nice to see my name in a title of a post! Actually it was awesome!

 
At 4:21 am, Blogger Jessie said...

Tell me more about your radio show.

 
At 5:59 am, Blogger cotard said...

The radio show thing isn't really that interesting. It's with Radio Fremantle (a community station). I'm part of a panel that does a three hour sports chat show; we interview guests, read out local results and discuss current issues.

I'm mainly doing it to get experience behind the microphone and in the industry. Radio's an area that I want to get into after my degree, but probably more on the journalistic side.

 
At 4:46 am, Blogger Jessie said...

Oh, sports..! Still, a chat show isn't easy, sounds like great experience. I used to be petrified of doing interviews. In fact the first one I ever did was a disaster - I somehow failed to switch on my interviewee's microphone so all that could be heard was me asking questions and saying "Oh, yes," in an earnest and encouraging manner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home