Sunday, February 13, 2005

One for practice

My 'Top 5 Tennis' partner is in the process of making her way from York (UK) to Melbourne (Vic) via Perth (WA), and as such, she hasn't been keeping up with our game... I'm assuming that it will resume once she is settled in her new surrounds.

In the meantime I've been missing 'Top 5 Tennis', so I thought that I'd throw one in to keep my eye in, so to speak...

Top 5 Favourite Movie Soundtracks

1) The Boys - The Necks
2) Donnie Darko - Michael Andrews (feat. Gary Jules)
3) Somersault - Decoder Ring
4) I Am Sam - Various Artists
5) Two Hands - Various Artists

Note: I'm a wee bit excited about seeing The Necks play their annual gig at the Hyde Park tomorrow night. This will be my third Necks show, they are a real treasure, an avant-garde act not to be missed.

7 Comments:

At 1:32 am, Blogger Melina said...

1. The Trainspotting soundtrack
2. Beautiful Girls soundtrack
3. About a Boy soundtrack (completely performed by Badly Drawn Boy)
4. Grosse Point Blank soundtrack
5. O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack
(I thought you needed a temporary tennis partner)

 
At 9:13 am, Blogger cotard said...

Thanks for filling in at such short notice...

Great choice of #1. It's got my fave Iggy Pop and Lou Reed tracks on it.

 
At 4:37 pm, Blogger Jessie said...

I wanna play!

1. Topless Women Talk About Their Lives
2. Natural Born Killers
3. Romeo & Juliet
4. The Big Lebowski
5. O Brother Where Art Thou?

I haven't actually heard a new soundtrack for a long time. But these are all great!

 
At 4:52 pm, Blogger cotard said...

Sure, you can play Jess...

Everyone loves a top 5.

Oohhh, I love the Cowboy Junkies cover of "Sweet Jane" on the NBK soundtrack.

Your #1 wouldn't happen to be a Flying Nun compilation now would it?

 
At 1:41 am, Blogger Melina said...

I guess we were supposed to give you something to list back about eh? Hmmm...let me think, I shall return as I have nothing else better to do (except teach large children...but that will just have to wait)

 
At 4:01 am, Blogger Jessie said...

Yes! Yes it is! And it's totally great!!

 
At 4:18 am, Anonymous Jessie said...

Oops I forgot the Dazed and Confused soundtrack.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home