Tuesday, March 15, 2005

I've got my weekends back...

Finally. After playing cricket all weekend, and losing badly, the season has come to an end.

It was a semi-final we were expected to win. But with our two best batsmen getting ducks, and with me nursing the "mother-of-all-hangovers" from a "swim through" on Friday night, we never looked like it.

On a brighter note, the presentation that I started working on at 7pm Sunday night and delivered at 1pm Monday afternoon was a success. While "models of voting behaviour" isn't the most engaging subject in the world, the tutor was quite impressed. That was until Linda said, "not bad considering you only started it last night". He shot a quizzical look my way, and given that I can't lie, I told him that was indeed the case. Ah well, it was still better than the other two presentations.

Listening to: Dearhunters - Red Wine and Blue

6 Comments:

At 7:12 am, Blogger Jessie said...

Linda is your mortal enemy.

 
At 8:53 am, Blogger Melina said...

what's a swim through?

 
At 8:59 am, Blogger cotard said...

Melina, a 'swim through' is pretty much the same as a 'bender' or a 'big night'... you know, like most of your nights (teehee).

Jessie, I prefer to think that Linda's action was akin to that of a school kid who throws stones at kids she likes... Linda's quite cute. One can only hope.

 
At 2:20 pm, Blogger mintox said...

Its about time that cricket finished, dont get me wrong, i like my cricket and often go to see my mate play 1st grade.
However cricket season always runs into the Football (the round ball) preseason so this means only 1 more week till the goals are back up.

Huzzah!!

 
At 3:48 am, Blogger Jessie said...

Linda is flirting with you.

 
At 9:23 pm, Blogger cotard said...

I hope so...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home