Sunday, March 06, 2005

Weird Dream

I'm one of the unlucky ones... I very rarely remember my dreams. As a result, when I do, it's a bit of an event. This morning was one of those events....

Here are the details that I can remember:

  • I was swimming at a quiet beach somewhere, an unusual occurrence in my waking life.
  • I was just out beyond the breaking waves when I saw what I thought was a shark.
  • I was relieved to find that the 'shark' was in fact a dolphin, and a playful dolphin at that.
  • I swam and frolicked with the dolphin for a while and it was all quite lovely.
  • After I'd had enough, I swam for shore... here's where it gets a bit strange.
  • The friendly dolphin - now with another dolphin - followed me in to the shallows.
  • As I was about to get out of the water the first dolphin motioned for me to go towards him.
  • He asked me if I could score him some drugs!!!
  • I was - as you can imagine - taken aback by the question, not to mention the fact that the dolphin was talking in the first place.
  • "Pardon me?" was my reply.
  • "I need some grass, can you help me out?" says the dolphin, "I've got money, how much do you need?"
  • Because I like dolphins I said that I'd see what I could do, "50 dollars should cover it".
  • From somewhere the dolphin produced a lockable tin full of cash, "I've only got English pounds," said the dolphin.
  • "Mmmm, that could be a problem, you'd better make it 75 pounds then," I replied. (I'm actually better at maths and converting currency when I'm awake, I wasn't trying to rip off the dolphin or anything).
  • While the details of how I managed to procure some pot were sketchy, I know that I got it from my uni friend Joel. I didn't have time to ask him what he was doing in my dream.
  • Back at the beach the dolphins were excited to see that my mission was successful.
  • They insisted that I help them roll some joints (something I'm hopeless at when I'm awake) and smoke them with them, right there, in about two foot of water.
  • The only effect pot usually has on me is sending me to sleep, but in an ironic twist, it was at this point that my alarm went off to wake me for the radio show.

I have no idea what any of it means, but it was a fun way to start the day none-the-less. If anyone can analyse it all for me, it'd be much appreciated.

Listening to: Billy Bragg & The Red Stars - Live Bootleg

4 Comments:

At 12:56 am, Blogger Melina said...

That is a great dream...I can't tell you what it means when you get Flipper high but I think it means that you are a true animal lover (even if you were ripping them off at the time).

 
At 6:02 am, Blogger Melina said...

Actually--I reread the dream and I think that you're basically on crack. Now those are harsh words coming from a woman who writes on bar coasters when she's drunk ;) Only kidding of course...

 
At 10:32 am, Blogger Blondie said...

Ah it was all the talk about grass the previous evening ;)

 
At 11:31 am, Blogger cotard said...

Ahhh... you could be on to something there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home