Thursday, April 07, 2005

From Here to Wherever

...restless, agitated, edgy, fidgety, ill at ease, restive, impatient, uneasy, apprehensive...

Lately I've been all these things and more.

I can't get a certain Split Enz song out of my head:

You act as though
You are a blind man who's crying

Crying `bout all the virgins that are dying

In your habitual dreams,

You know, seems you need more sleep

But like a parrot in a flaming tree

I know, it's pretty hard to see

And I'm beginning to wonder if it's time for a change

But still you try like a fat boy
Dancing Gershwin's blues
But you'd rather sit at home and watch the news
And I'm beginning to wonder if it's time for a change

I'm beginning to wonder if it's time for a change

- Phil Judd

Not just a small change either, I need a new flat, in a different city, a proper job (doing something I enjoy), new living arrangements, a new social scene, a new climate, new smells, a new sofa, new clothes, a new hairstyle, and a new and positive outlook...

Goals for remainder of 2005:

Get more work experience in radio
Finish degree
Spend less money (ie. save some)
Start off-loading all my stuff
Apply for heaps of media jobs
Lob in Melbourne by Christmas
Start new life


Listening to: Cordrazine - From Here to Wherever

2 Comments:

At 5:24 pm, Blogger Jay said...

Start new life...is that all? Lazy arse.

 
At 1:02 pm, Blogger miss wendy said...

when that happened to me I ended up getting sober!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home