Friday, April 22, 2005

I just don't get it...

I like to think I'm fairly smart.

I think I know lots of 'stuff'.

I'm not ignorant however, I know that there's lots of 'stuff' that I don't know.

Usually, if I want to learn about 'stuff' I don't know, I research it (ask questions, read about it, Google it etc.)

However, there remains a lot of 'stuff' that I'll never be able to get my head around, regardless of how much research I do.

With that in mind, I present:


The Top 5 things that I'll never understand

1)
The inner workings of the female mind

2) Religion

3) The 'Duckworth/Lewis' method

4) The movie Mulholland Drive

5) Lightning


This list is by no means exhaustive, but these are the ones that bother me the most.


Listening to: My Friend the Chocolate Cake - Live at the National Theatre

6 Comments:

At 5:23 am, Blogger jenny said...

maybe a complex cause and effect-theory will help you when it comes to the females.

i don't get the mulholland drive either. to be honest i don't get anything david lynch does, possibly with the exception of "a straight story". it's all very confusing.

and, being a mathematician (or sort of), i advise you not to try to understand anything a statistician has come up with. honestly i don't think they understand it themselves and it's not worth the effort. ;)

what's strange about lightning?

 
At 5:27 am, Blogger Melina said...

yeah, lightning is easy to understand.

 
At 5:28 am, Blogger Melina said...

the rest doesn't need to be understood.

 
At 10:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never been able to understand the 'bird in the hand is worth two in the bush' comment. i mean, i think sometimes i get the gist of it, and i've spent much time deliberating the little phrase in my head trying to grasp what it actually means.
but its just one of those things i guess.
kinda like in 'Anchorman' when Will Farrel just can't get the right context for the 'when in rome' quote...

 
At 7:34 pm, Blogger Blondie said...

I don't think men cornered the market on not understanding the opposite sex. The person who dreams up a manual to understand the opposite sex which actually works (I'm not talking the karma sutra either guys!) would make a fortune. :)

Mulholland Drive was I think, created to drive insomniacs past the point of tired but can't sleep to "aw f*ck it, if I've got to understand this, I'll chose sleep!" - well at least it worked like that for me. I've never seen it the whole way through. Still to kick your butt in scrabble sometime boyo.

 
At 3:15 am, Blogger lanners said...

i can't wrap my head around mixed fractions...

...and i didn't get Mullholland Drive either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home