Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Quick update.

  • Only one fuck from the "Fucking Lecturer" this week, a record low.
  • Have spoken to Kim a couple of times this week. She's offered me a place to stay when I get to Melbourne and she's vowed to start "Top 5 Tennis" again.
  • I'm trying to save my pennies so I can see Darren Hanlon, Nick Cave and Tori Amos next month.
  • I've started reading a book (a big achievement for me, considering I only manage to get through one every couple of years). It's Margo Kingston's Not Happy, John! I'm only three chapters in and I'm hooked (and angry) already.
  • Guest lecturer for journalism today was Estelle Blackburn, author of Broken Lives. Fascinating woman, amazing story. Not sure if she did a good job selling 'investigative journalism' though. She said following the story cost her her home and about a million dollars. She seems happy enough though.
  • Bumped into one of my ex's best mates on campus today. We had a really good chat. It totally sux that due to the nature of some break-ups you lose a heap of people that you consider friends too, just because they were 'her friends' first. We've vowed to catch up again soon. She works full-time in the library on campus, so maybe I should spend some more time there.
  • Oh, and in totally trivial 'meme' type news, I've gone from the 'full-bearded terrorist look' to the 'huge sideburns with goatee Kiwi Cricketer look', just because I can...

Still listening to: Nick Cave - B-sides and Rarities

8 Comments:

At 12:31 am, Blogger Jay said...

I have a hard time growing beards or even side burns. Ah, me.

 
At 3:05 am, Blogger Melina said...

I have to say that my sideburns are coming in quite nicely if I do say so myself...nah, I kid...I can hardly grow hair on my legs (which is fine, as I am female)

 
At 8:37 am, Blogger Amelia said...

I find it's always a good sign when a guy loses the full-bearded terrorist look...

 
At 8:44 am, Blogger Blondie said...

A shame I didn't mind the beard :) I'm sure it looks great though.

On the ex's friends thing, I think I'm lucky that my last ex was a grown-up - I'm still in contact with some of his friends and we all get along ok which is fantastic.

 
At 1:42 pm, Blogger sikamikanico said...

Not happy John is a great book.
Also recommended:
Run Johnny Run
Goodbye Babylon
Though the last is a couple of years out of date now...Labor is the pre-Latham years. I hope Ellis is working on another book.

 
At 8:18 pm, Blogger miss wendy said...

My goodness .. Broken Lives is advertised on a site my Margaret River Online... how lovely, I spent 18 years in the west and had a house in Margaret River.. so lovley to see it via the safety of the computer screen!.. Beautiful place, and some sensible community members retaining it's well being. When I lived there there was an issue before local council to built an international airport.. to make it easier for overseas visitors to own property there.. BAD idea!

 
At 1:45 am, Blogger Phillip said...

something else that sucks is when a female friend likes you, you like a female friend of hers, but have no chance with her because fem #1 likes you. life sucks.

 
At 9:57 am, Blogger Sassy said...

Hi There! Thank you for stopping by my blog to clarify the point that Mortal Coil did a kickin' verion of Siren. Its nice to meetcha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home