Sunday, April 03, 2005

Spooky

I don't watch a lot of television, but over the last couple of weeks, my ailing social life (I'm thinking of removing its feeding tube) has found me in front of the box on a Saturday night.

SBS provides two of my favourite shows; the classic Iron Chef (last nights theme ingredient was milk!) and RockWiz, a show that I'm really warming to.

RockWiz was a touch spooky last night though, the special guests were Donna Simpson from the Waifs and Paul Hester (yes, the same Paul Hester that committed suicide a week before). Obviously the shows are pre-recorded, but it was still bloody strange that no warning or dedication was made prior to the show. It was a bizarre viewing experience. I found myself watching intently, looking for hidden meanings in things he said and did that might give some clues as to his imminent demise. But Paul, as always, was his manic and humorous best.


Listening to: Diana Krall - Live in Paris

3 Comments:

At 2:37 pm, Blogger Jay said...

That's really very sad.

 
At 10:22 am, Blogger Jessie said...

It's a bit strange that they didn't acknowledge his death.

 
At 7:50 pm, Blogger cotard said...

After speaking to someone at uni today, I discovered that they did have something on the screen at the start... I must've been looking the other way.... still spooky though, and they agreed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home