Sunday, May 15, 2005

Procrastination sucks

Grrr... I've put today aside for essay writing, and as yet I haven't typed a word.

It's been an interesting couple of days. I've been working heaps, but I did manage to sneak out last night to catch Darren Hanlon at Mojos. Another awesome performance from the little dude with the 'wordsmithian' songwriting skills. Bree van Reyk on drums was again mesmerizingly sublime. I think I spent most of the night watching her... I just love the way she moves and the expressions she gets on her face while playing... oh, and she's a goddess too. Swede Jens Lekman provided great support, I'd heard his "You are the Light" a few times on radio before, he reminds me of a cross between Jonathan Richman and the guy from the Magnetic Fields, and I can't remember the ukulele ever sounding so good.

Yesterday I also won a lunch for 4 to the value of $200 dollars on RTR FM, woohoo!!!!

I should really make a start on this essay now...



Listening to: Portishead - Dummy

6 Comments:

At 2:26 am, Blogger Melina said...

As the queen of procrastination I am willing to lend you my official procrastinating scepter. Why is it that we slackers do this to ourselves every time...and swear never to do it again, and then do it repeatedly?

 
At 2:46 am, Blogger lanners said...

i would like to apply for the position of court jester of procrastination. i will uphold my task of avoiding tasks by juggling live alaskan crabs while balancing precariously above a tank of tapioca pudding and electric eels.

ok, i gots nothing. i just wanted to put off going outside in the rain. your procrastination blog has helped me avoid leaving my nest for about ten extra minutes, so thanks.

 
At 9:06 am, Blogger Jay said...

The ukelele sounded good? Wow, you must be procrastinating!

 
At 8:25 am, Blogger miss wendy said...

Very refreshing performance. Hey Paul, did you see my request regarding your post 8th may.. is it ok to use that blogg post? thanks,

 
At 2:38 pm, Blogger cotard said...

Go for your life Miss Wendy... whatever I can do to help.

 
At 6:38 pm, Blogger miss wendy said...

Thank you - capitalizing on your angst... they keep asking me for senarios.. and I can never think them up.. I've worked so much in crisis unless there is a crisis I just can't work up the energy to pretend..

Something I could offer as a thankyou is a suggestion- counseling tool that you commit to 15 dates before the end of the month... so get going.. it may be unrealistic but will get you on the path of finding a likely suspect..

Ready Set, GO!!

thanks again, warm wishes, wendy .. I don't ever call myself MISS wendy - others have done so i just used it but please feel free to just use the name!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home