Sunday, May 08, 2005

What could've been...

This one's hard to explain, but there are certain songs and lyrics that always remind me of a missed opportunity with a certain member of the opposite sex...

Top 5 songs/lyrics that make me think of her

1) Fagan - Dante

You slipped through my fingers like sand

Blown from another place, another time
Why did you land in front of me?
So I can see you, yet you remain
Just out of, just out of reach

2) The Panics - In your Head

If she's caught in your mind beware
The day may come, you don't notice her there
If it makes you scared
Don't go to sleep with her in your head

3) Darren Hanlon - I Wish that I was Beautiful for You

I wish that I was beautiful for you
I wish that I inspired tiny fireworks inside the way you do
So delicately made
A prayer left un-prayed
Before the morning sun fades up to blue
And I wish that I was beautiful for you


4) The Shins - New Slang

And if you'd 'a took to me like
A gull takes to the wind
Well, I'd 'a jumped from my tree
And I'd 'a danced like the king of the eyesores
And the rest of our lives would 'a fared well

5) Elvis Costello - I Want You

I want you
I'm not ashamed to say I cried for you
I want you
I want to know the things you do that we did too
I want you
I want to hear he pleases you more than I do
I want you
I might as well be useless for all it means to you
I want you


Listening to: The Necks - Mosquito

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home