Tuesday, May 03, 2005

When in Rome...

Hello everyone in 'Blog-land'.

"Hic"... yep, I've been drinking... just a bottle of red and a few home-brew beers...

So, like many drunks (usually those who say inappropriate things at weddings), I've got a few things to say:

Firstly, to all those friends who commented on my last post, thank you very much. Even though I've actually only ever met one of you, your comments of support in my 'time of pitifulness' were gratefully received.

Secondly, I'd like to apologize to another friend for not approaching him earlier than tonight about my recent down-ness. I can't say enough about this friend, he's been close to me since I was 16. Sure, we've had our disagreements over the years, I've neglected him for periods of time, and he's been awful to me in return, often leaving me feeling worse than miserable the day after one of 'our' nights out. But, to 'alcohol', I say; maaaate, why I didn't turn to you last week I'll never know, and I promise that I will never reject your unwavering friendship in that way ever again.

Thirdly, to the medium of film; I unreservedly apologize to you for neglecting you for the last month or so. My DVD player has been 'on-the-blink', but this is no excuse, especially given the fact that they only cost about $50 now. Not only that, but as I discovered tonight, I can watch DVDs on 'Lappy'. The fine cinematic masterpiece Anchorman - which was astonishingly overlooked by the Academy for a Best Picture nomination - in combination with my aforementioned friend; 'alcohol', has managed to restore my spirits back to the 'just-below-average-level' that I have become accustomed to.

So even though I'm virtually penniless and my 'car-trouble-curse' has struck again (I'm on the bus to uni in the morning), I'm actually in good spirits tonight... thanks to a couple of old friends...

P.S. In totally trivial news (although it created much comment last time I mentioned it), I've decided to grow a beard again... I think that it suits me.

P.P.S. (is that the right abbreviation for a second P.S.?) I promised a post about the one-and-only highlight of my week last week, and I will deliver... eventually.


Listening to: Custard - Goodbye Cruel World (The album's a lot 'happier' than the title...)

3 Comments:

At 4:57 pm, Blogger Blondie said...

btw, you might've forgotten but you have a pal who has a mechanic friend who does cashies..

 
At 11:55 am, Anonymous Meg said...

you sound like someone I'd like to meet. considering we never have and never will, it must be the beer talking... but good on ya anyway, and keep smilin'

 
At 12:04 pm, Anonymous Meg said...

forgot to say, go with the beard idea, just cos you can

 

Post a Comment

<< Home