Saturday, June 25, 2005

Lion Taming for Dummies

I come fresh from witnessing a disciplined performance by the almighty All Blacks. They meticulously outplayed four countries at once, in what can only be described as typical Christchurch weather. Luckily I was indoors at The Windsor in South Perth, and not at the game itself.

The 'Blacks demolished the hapless Lions... the poor red-shirted bastards never stood a chance... much like the six pints of Tooheys New that the cute barmaid served me during the game.

Yes Bob... this post is pretty much just for you.

Although I did enjoy Tam's pre-game take on the match. An hilarious, yet somewhat tenuous link between rugby and STDs.

To celebrate, I'm off to the Dianella with Harro to catch The Frames... man, I can be such a bogan at times...


Listening to: Straitjacket Fits... for today I am a proud Kiwi.

P.S. Last night was Faker at the Amplifier. Apart from the fact that the lead singer liked himself a wee bit too much... they were pretty awesome. I woulda picked up a copy of their CD, but I'm a pauper...

5 Comments:

At 9:29 pm, Blogger ozbhoy said...

One of the few times I will link arms with my brothers across the Tasman is when they are up against the Poms, then we are as one.

Well done the all blacks!

 
At 11:29 pm, Blogger bob francisco said...

do you know what i love about antipodeans?
They are so magnanimous in victory.
it really humbles me, the appreciation you have for sport and fair play.

When i played rugby at school, we always shook hands at the start and clapped the other team off the pitch at the end. no matter the result.
Its the taking part that counts.

 
At 11:10 am, Blogger Tam said...

Tenuous!? I'll give you tenuous! *shakes fist*

 
At 2:02 pm, Blogger cotard said...

Is this the same Bob that said (and I quote): "Bring on the first test.
im going to be even more smug when we demolish your "team" at the weekend"?

 
At 7:33 am, Blogger Georgio said...

awful game of rugby..appalling performance tactics which left our captain out of action...nothin to be proud abt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home