Thursday, July 28, 2005

Xenophobia... please explain

Who am I?
  • I lead a party that promotes itself as an alternative to the 'big two'.
  • We believe that the government's current immigration policy is creating an over-representation of Asians in our major cities.
  • We propose a simplified taxation system.
  • I am playing on peoples fears following terrorist attacks to appeal to voters.
  • I have been referred to as the 'kingmaker'.
  • Yesterday I said:
"In [our country] the Muslim community have been quick to show us their more moderate face, but as some media reports have shown, there is a militant underbelly here as well. These two groups, the moderate and militant, fit hand and glove everywhere they exist. Underneath it all the agenda is to promote fundamentalist Islam"

Winston Peters caricature


I am Winston Peters, and due to our MMP (mixed member proportional) voting system, it could be me - not the voters - who gets to decide which of the two major parties will govern New Zealand after our September election.

It's like Pauline with 'real' power... scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home