Monday, August 29, 2005

Just another day at the office (Part 2)

Regulars may recall that in order to supplement my meagre student allowance, I work as a courier once a week. I drive to an area of Western Australia known as the 'Wheatbelt'.

For most of the year the area is not much to look at. But after some good winter rains, and as spring approaches, the 'Wheatbelt' is already putting on a colourful wild-flower display this year.

So I took my el-cheapo-17-deca-pixel camera to see if I could bring some of that colour back to my computer.

It might pay to click the images to enlarge them for a greater appreciation of how shit my camera is... or something.

I read a number of blogs where people post amazing photos, this is my half-arsed attempt at emulating their arty feats.

Most of the better displays are on roadside reserves,
so you don't have to go too far to see them.

You can't keep PeeDee away from the camera for too long...
he's such a photo whore.

Look! A gate. Everyone loves a gate.

I don't know what this thing used to be, but it's in our 'secret spot'
and PeeDee loves to climb it.

We found our 'secret spot' a few weeks ago.
Now we stop there every week for a stretch of the legs and stuff.

He so 'knows' he's getting his picture taken.
Soon after this he spotted a lost sheep, and decided it'd be fun
to chase the poor thing around for a couple of minutes.
Needless to say, he enjoyed it a lot more than the sheep.

Hey, I took a picture through a hole...
that's arty as fuck!

Well it's back to work for me,
but PeeDee is still thinking about sheep-chasing at the 'secret spot'.

2 Comments:

At 6:54 am, Anonymous jen said...

Nice pictures! More, more!

 
At 9:21 am, Blogger Melina said...

I finished your CD today...in celebration I think you should email me a picture of PeeDee for my wall of photos...he's soo cute

 

Post a Comment

<< Home