Monday, August 22, 2005

"Perthverts I suppose"

I'm one of these annoying people at the movies that laughs long and loud at lines that no one else does, and I don't give a rat's arse what everyone else thinks of me when I do...

With that in mind I present my:
Top 5 favourite lines from movies that seemed to tickle my fancy more than they did everyone else's.

1) "I dunno... Perthverts I suppose"
Noah Taylor's character in True Love and Chaos when asked what he thought people from Perth were called. (I think this is only funny to those who live in Perth).

The image “http://www.cineclub.it/venezia97/foto101.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

2) "Shut up and drink your beer!"
John Travolta's character to his nine-year-old step-daughter during a 'family' argument in She's So Lovely .

The image “http://media.mth.net/cinecinemas_fr2/images/dossier/sean_penn/she_so_lovely.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

3) "No one tosses a dwarf!"
Gimli to Legolas at the broken bridge in the Mines of Moria in The Lord of the Rings.

The image “http://www.kulichki.com/tolkien/arhiv/kino/gimli.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

4) "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is a war room!"
One of the many Sellers' characters in Kubrick's Dr Strangelove.

The image “http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/Movies/9903/08/kubrick.obit/strangelove.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

5) "
You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really. It's sort of..."
Nigel Tufnel talking about his song "Lick My Love Pump" in This Is Spinal Tap.

The image “http://www.riocinema.ndirect.co.uk/2004/Mar04/images/this_is_spinal_tap_200.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Note: As with all of my Top 5s, if you feel the need to comment, I'd prefer that you did by leaving your own Top 5 on the same subject. I'm also open to suggestions for future Top 5 lists.

Listening to: Kings of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbreak

2 Comments:

At 1:39 am, Anonymous jen said...

Apologies for breaking the commenting rules, but at the moment, I only have the one favourite...and it's a follow up to your number 3.

From The Two Towers:

Gimli: Toss me.
Aragorn: What?
Gimli: I cannot jump the distance. You'll have to toss me.
[pauses, looks up to Aragorn]
Gimli: Don't tell the elf.
Aragorn: Not a word.

 
At 11:25 am, Anonymous bronte said...

1. "you can derelicte my balls" - zoolander

possibly more to follow :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home