Thursday, September 01, 2005

I am sick, hear me whinge

I've just discovered the worst thing about living alone: No one to moan to when you're feeling ill.

Every man knows that the only good thing about being sick is acting pathetic in order to gain sympathy and attention. Well I've been acting pathetic for two days now... nothing.

Aside from nasty hangovers, and there's been a few, I can't remember the last time I felt this physically blurgh. Perth's coldest ever spring morning this morning didn't help either. It got down to 1.5 degrees celcius (that's about 35 for you fahrenheitenly inclined folks), and guess who had to be up for work at 5am.

It hasn't been all bad though. The guy I work for bought me some cookies and then let me finish early, Melina is sending me a mixed cd, and yesterday I had a relative stranger tell me that she loves me.

I've also been looking at photos of meer cats, orangutans and baby ducks. That always cheers me up.


Listening to: Dirty Three - Whatever You Love, You Are

5 Comments:

At 11:43 am, Blogger Blondie said...

Sending sympathy vibes your way. I know the feeling, I kicked it about a week ago, but same deal, living alone noone to complain to. ;)

The only Seinfeld quote I remotely liked, "the one time I hate being single is when I'm sick. That's the bit about the wedding vows I like, stuff the in health bit... just gimme the 'I do take you in sickness' and I'm a happy man".

 
At 4:59 pm, Anonymous bronte said...

i love meer cats too, they always cheer me up... best present ever, 18th, someone adopted ameer cat from the zoo for me... his name was boris *ahh* memories

cheer up duck, you're not gonna die. thats why i moved in with 3 ppl, cos ally doesnt really listen to me whinge so well

ps you still up for those cds sometime?

 
At 11:03 am, Blogger cotard said...

Thanks for you kind words.

 
At 9:46 pm, Blogger Melina said...

Feel better pookie.

 
At 12:30 am, Blogger cotard said...

Still a bit rough, but taking all sorts of potions, pills and elixirs to get over it.

I'll soldier on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home