Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Would you like some cream with your humble pie?

Two months ago:

Ricky Ponting:

"I'm not looking at it as being the first to lose to them. I'm looking at being another Australian captain to retain the Ashes."


Matthew Hayden:

"I don't really care much for all this 'are they closer?' I really believe that it's all about us - if we are executing our skills I don't believe there's a side that can get close to us."

Glen McGrath:

"I think I was saying 3-0 or 4-0 about 12 months ago, thinking there might be a bit of rain around. But with the weather as it is at the moment, I have to say 5-0."


Yesterday:

Ricky Ponting:

"Apart from when we won at Lord's (first Test) we were never as good as England and they deserve to win the Ashes."

Shane Warne:

"England were better than us; it is as simple as that. We had a great battle but we were never as good as England throughout the series."


Michael Vaughan is drenched in champagne, with the urn in view, England v Australia, The Oval, September 12, 2005


Listening to: The Necks - See Through

1 Comments:

At 7:30 am, Blogger sikamikanico said...

As I've said before...the Aussies should have sabotaged the English team's post-match celebrations by putting their beer in the fridge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home