Thursday, November 24, 2005

I so want to rant right now

I'm going to be going off the air for a while...

This is my last post before I move house on the weekend. I think I must be moving to back to the 20th century, because apparently adsl is not available in the house that I'm moving to.

No, I'm not moving to the bush, or the outer suburbs for that matter. Granted, I am moving into Perth's surburban heartland, but they do have running water and power. I'll also be within a three minute walk from a shopping centre and a brand new railway station, but no broadband.

I've thought about going all ranty and swearing lots at Telstra and that bloke with all the Ls and Js in his surname that you're not supposed to actually pronounce, but what good is it going to do?

Perhaps when Telstra goes through with its planned retrenchment of 12,000 staff, and once it is fully privatized, I and others in rural and regional Australia (and suburbia) can look forward to improved services, including adsl, which is now considered a basic service in much of the developed world.

Ha! Fat fuck'n chance!

Images of pigs flying backwards and snowballs in hell come quickly to mind...

I'll no doubt eventually succumb and go back to a dial-up account, even though that idea grates me for soooo many reasons. So I'll be back some time soon.

Bye for now...

11 Comments:

At 5:23 pm, Blogger Z├ęzette said...

Ah, Paul, you'll be missed by one regular reader at least.

Good luck with the move -- I'm just gearing up for one myself, so I do empathise.

And Paul? Go dial-up. Yes, it sucks, etc, etc, but I've been coping with it for a year now and have lived to tell. (At $10 per month I guess I can't bitch too much.)

 
At 12:18 am, Blogger teddlesruss said...

um around parkwood/lynwood by any chance? adsl around here sucks arse...

see you back online!

 
At 6:29 am, Blogger sikamikanico said...

maybe Telstra should sack all its staff, at which stage its service should be impeccable.

 
At 9:02 am, Blogger mintox said...

I dont think I could ever go back to Dialup!!

I shudder at the thought.

 
At 10:43 pm, Blogger Steph said...

Dial up aint so bad. It's better than nothing anyway. Hope you come back soon.

 
At 5:00 pm, Blogger miss wendy said...

Hey Paul, see you soon, electronially speaking. There's no need to take such a self focus on this...what about your blogging public.. eva spare a though for us?

 
At 12:28 am, Anonymous lori said...

egads .. that just sucks. I checked local exchanges for ADSL when picking the new suburb I moved to. I was not going to go without ADSL. best of luck with your move!

 
At 4:18 pm, Blogger Jay said...

Dial up? I thought that was an urban legend.

 
At 1:20 pm, Blogger qwer said...

STEPH?!?! DIALUP?!?!?!

*blocks ears and sings loudly*

That's like saying Macbeth to a bunch of actors on opening night of The Scottish Play!!

Cotard, I thought I'd have a bit of a dig around and see if I could find some wireless ISP's that cover Perth, but to no avail. Sadly it seems like Steph is right...the D word is your only option :o(

I hope Telstra pulls it's collective finger out of it's arse and sorts out the ADSL situation soon. Have you looked into Cable? I know that Optus ran it's own cable network a while ago in most major areas, but aren't allowed to use it because they make use of their own phone pits, and not Telstra's...which is a no no apparently. You may be able to get someone at Optus to hook you up!

 
At 6:53 am, Blogger Melina said...

where are you? I miss you.

 
At 10:06 am, Anonymous Kate said...

backwards bloody place this Perth can be!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home