Saturday, April 15, 2006

Back in the Saddle?

I know my posting has been sporadic at best lately, but I'm trying to get back into it. I think I misplaced my urge to write for a while. I think I've also had a touch of the "Geoff Gallops". But if the good doctor can get back in the saddle, then maybe I can too.

There have been a few positives in the last week or so too...

- I start a job next week. Not in the field I'd like to be working in, but I think an honest pay cheque would be better for me at the moment than a dole cheque. The job will also allow time for finishing study and looking for journo related work.

- A good friend of mine was married last weekend and all went well. The wedding was fantastic and I even played a little part by giving a reading at the church. The reception was a blast too. I won't go into detail, suffice to say that my friends now refer to me as the "disco pasher".

- A few good friends were back in Perth for the wedding. It was great to catch up with them in such positive circumstances. And I'm thrilled that Kim has decided to move back to Perth. It has calmed all those urges of wanting to 'up stumps' and head east.

So here's hoping that the writing urges return...


Listening to: Saturday Jazz on RTR

4 Comments:

At 7:06 am, Blogger sikamikanico said...

For those who didn't know to whom you are referring, the "Geoff Gallops" sounds like some sort of unfortunate intestinal complaint...

 
At 9:48 am, Blogger Melina said...

Missed ya!

 
At 1:09 pm, Blogger Blondie said...

yay welcome back :) glad to see you happier.

 
At 9:38 pm, Blogger cotard said...

Fanx guys :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home