Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Early Days

I've just started seeing someone.

I really like this girl. She's laid back, intelligent, attractive and we have so much in common it's scary.

But, as anyone who's into their thirties and has spent long periods of time both in - and out of - relationships can testify; things can appear to be a hell of a lot more complex than they need to be.

So I have the voice of Darren Hanlon in my head telling me to take it one date at a time:

There's a good chance that before we met
There were days I'd walked right past her
But now I'm seeing her tomorrow or maybe the day after
I have to tell myself to slow down, it's early days still
Anything can happen and it probably will


It's early days


My mind's just put on boxing gloves
My heart's refused to fight it
I watched the station pass me by where I should have alighted
Could this turn into something I'll be writing home about?
The inspector shakes his head and says
"So you just forgot to get out?"


It's early days


She's got a face just like an angel, what does she see in me?
Why does my stomach feel like it's just eaten food that don't agree?


It's early days
It's still early days
You better slow down
It's early days


Title Fight: Heart v Mind
- Darren Hanlon
(From the Early Days EP)

Still, I hope something comes of it...

8 Comments:

At 5:07 pm, Blogger Blondie said...

:) fantastic! I hope everything goes well. Otherwise we'll break her legs ;) (oo just sounded like freaky i'net pal... oops) Just kidding!

 
At 6:53 am, Blogger sikamikanico said...

Which means you've got to decide whether to make that difficult decision of relationships...

"Do I tell the new person about the blog?"

 
At 7:31 pm, Blogger Melina said...

Oh I'm so happy for you! Good luck buddy, you'll need it ;) Oh and I downloaded that song, never heard of Darren before!

 
At 12:39 pm, Blogger cotard said...

Thanks guys.

And Nico, I don't think I will. Only because she's not much of an 'internerd person', and definately not a blog reader. If she was I'd tell her, I don't really have anything to hide.

 
At 12:41 pm, Blogger cotard said...

Oh, and Melina, Darren Hanlon is one of the cleverest songwriters I've heard. He gets to the States about once a year, keep an eye out for him, his live shows are always special.

 
At 1:17 pm, Anonymous Bek said...

YAY! Glad to read and imagine a smile on your face! Was starting to get a wee bit worried about my big brother!
Have all things crossed for a happy story!
See you soon
Bek

 
At 8:11 pm, Blogger Melina said...

...and???

 
At 8:13 am, Blogger miss wendy said...

Thank Heavens!-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home