Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Welcome to Dumpsville, Population: Me

The words were familiar.

I'd used them before myself. But saying them is one thing, hearing them is something totally different.

"There's just no buzz"

"How do you feel about just being friends?"

I'd never been dumped before.

I've been the 'dumper' and I've had relationships just fizzle out, but I've never been the 'dumpee'.

It didn't help that every word she said was true.

It didn't help that I'd made a promise to myself not to get involved with someone if 'the buzz' wasn't there.

It didn't help that it was the right time to have the conversation and end things.

It still hurt.

To borrow someone else's words:
... rejection sucks
and the best and worst our language has to offer is to be fucked
and that also sucks
I haven't spoken to her since. But I've given it plenty of thought, and I'd like to take her up on her offer of friendship, because she still is everything I said she was.


Listening to: Freya Hanly - Feel This

3 Comments:

At 5:07 am, Blogger Jessie said...

No boring cliches from me, I promise.

 
At 5:16 am, Blogger Z├ęzette said...

Well, maybe once the sting has subsided you can pick it up on a different note. Bad news, my friend, but probably better to get it over with now, from what you say.

 
At 8:16 am, Blogger sikamikanico said...

I'm no good at the touchy feely stuff, so I'll just say: I'm sorry. Go and get pissed with your friends (as long as you don't decide it's a good idea to call her at 2am!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home